Dr. John Taylor is a board certified ophthalmologist, specializing in neuro-ophthalmology and family care.
Dr. Taylor is a Kansas City native. He received his undergraduate from Stanford University and earned his doctorate of medicine from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. After completing his residency at Truman Medical Center, Dr. Taylor continued his training at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston, where he completed a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology.
Before joining Discover Vision Centers in 1996, Dr. Taylor was in private practice in downtown Kansas City for nearly 15 years. Additionally, he is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
Dr. John Taylor practices at the following offices:
- Independence - 4741 S. Cochise Dr.
- Lee's Summit - 425 N.W. Murray Rd.
- Harrisonville – 2033 N. Commercial
Call 816.478.1230 or request an appointment online.
More information on Dr. John R.W. Taylor:
- Fellowship in Neurology: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 1982
- Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, 1981
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Truman Medical Center, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO, 1980
- Internship: Menorah Medical Center, Kansas City, MO, 1977
- Medical Degree: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO, 1976
- Undergraduate: Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, and Rockhurst College, Kansas City, MO, 1972
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Metropolitan Medical Association
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Missouri Ophthalmological Society
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons