Andrew Jefferson, M.D.
Dr. Andrew Jefferson (“Andy”) is a board certified ophthalmologist and fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology whose specialties include diseases and surgery of the eye and eyelids, Full Focus® Vision Correction and cataract surgery.
Dr. Jefferson received his doctorate of medicine from the University of Nebraska. He also holds a Master’s degree in Health Services Administration from the University of Kansas, where he is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology. Additionally, Dr. Jefferson is the Director of Cataract and Implant Surgery at the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center.
Dr. Andrew Jefferson practices at the following office:
More information on Dr. Andrew Jefferson:
- Master of Health Services Administration – University of Kansas Dept. of Health Policy & Research, 1997
- Residency in Ophthalmology – University of Kansas Dept. of Ophthalmology, 1986
- Internship in Internal Medicine – St. Luke’s Hospital, Kansas City, 1983
- Medical Degree – University of Nebraska, College of Medicine, 1982
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction – University of Nebraska, 1978
Honors & Volunteer Service:
- Kansas City Free Clinic, Diabetic Eye Disease Screening
- Volunteer Faculty of the Year, Annual Teaching Award for Excellence in Resident Education, University of Kansas Dept. of Ophthalmology, 1992, 1994, 2004
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology
- American Medical Association
- Metropolitan Medical Society
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog