Doug O. Dehning, M.D.
Dr. Doug O. Dehning is a board-certified ophthalmologist whose specialties include retina/vitreous, diabetes, retinal detachment, macular degeneration, no-stitch cataracts and glaucoma. He often participates in clinical investigations for the latest treatments in glaucoma and other conditions.
Dr. Dehning has been in private practice with Discover Vision Centers for over 20 years and is one of only six partners with the company.
Throughout his medical career, Dr. Dehning has participated in numerous medical mission trips, including programs in the Dominican Republic, Belize, Nigeria, Thailand, and the Philippines. Dr. Dehning has worked closely with Bridgett McCandless, M.D., medical director of the Jackson County Free Health Clinic, to provide financial support, medical staff, and equipment, as well as assistance in grant-writing.
Dr. Doug O. Dehning practices at the following offices:
- Independence – 4741 S. Cochise Dr.
- Lee’s Summit – 425 N.W. Murray Rd.
- Harrisonville – 670 S. Commercial St.
- Raymore – 1018 W. Foxwood Dr.
For more information on Dr. Doug O. Dehning:
- Retinal Fellowship – University of Texas Medical Center, Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX
- Residency in Ophthalmology – Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Internship in Pediatrics – Children’s Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Medical Degree – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Science – University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
Medical Missions & Other Service Organizations:
- Jackson County Free Health Clinic, Independence, MO
- Belize Council for the Visually Impaired
- Rotary Club International, Philippines
- Philippine Medical Society of Kansas City Medical Missions
- Catholic Relief Service, Phanatnikhom Refugee Camp, Thailand
- Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, Nigeria, Africa
- Institute for Latin American Concerns, Dominican Republic
- Outstanding Humanitarian Service Award Nominee, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2008
- Humanitarian of the Year Award, 1997
- Outstanding Physician Award, Philippine Medical Society of Greater Kansas City, 1996
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog