John C. Hagan, III, M.D.
Dr. John C. Hagan is a board certified ophthalmologist, specializing in adult ophthalmology, including cataract consultation and second opinions. Before joining Discover Vision’s Northland location, Dr. Hagan was the founder of Midwest Eye Institute of Kansas City. He has published over 180 scientific articles and designed several surgical instruments. Dr. Hagan is the editor of Missouri Medicine: The Journal of the Missouri Medical Association and is a frequent contributor to clinical research.
Dr. Hagan is a graduate of the University of Missouri. He received his medical degree from Loyola University with a Lange Award for outstanding achievement as a medical student. Dr. Hagan volunteered to serve in the United States Air Force during the Viet Nam War. After honorable discharge, he completed a highly-ranked ophthalmologic residency at Emory University.
In a media poll of metropolitan physicians, Dr. Hagan was selected among “Best Doctors in Kansas City,” and is also listed among America’s Top Ophthalmologists, as published by the Consumers’ Research Council of America. The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) has honored Dr. Hagan with the Secretariat Award, which recognizes ophthalmologists for special contributions to the Academy and to the field of ophthalmology, as well as the distinguished Hall of Fame Award. He was also a past President of the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City and now serves on its board. Dr. Hagan was presented with the 2019 Hal Foster Award by the Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology (KCSOO).
Dr. John C. Hagan, III practices at the following office:
Click here to schedule an appointment online.
More information on Dr. Hagan:
- Residency – Emory University, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Military – United States Air Force Medical Corps
- Internship – Milwaukee County General Hospital, Milwaukee, WI
- Doctorate – Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Undergraduate – University of Missouri, Bachelor of Arts, Columbia, MO
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists, Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Best Doctors in Kansas City, The Kansas City Magazine
- Best Medical Writing, Missouri Association of Publications
- Past President, Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City
- Past President, KCSO&O 2010 and Clay-Platte Medical Society
- Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology Hall of Fame, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Lifetime Achievement, Missouri Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons (KCSO&O)
- Hal Foster Award, Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology (KCSOO)
- MO Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Kansas City Medical Society
- Air Force Association
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog