John R.W. Taylor, M.D.
Dr. John R.W. Taylor is a board certified ophthalmologist, specializing in neuro-ophthalmology and family eye care.
Dr. Taylor is a Kansas City native. He received his undergraduate from Stanford University and earned his doctorate of medicine from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. After completing his residency at Truman Medical Center, Dr. Taylor continued his training at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston, where he completed a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology. Dr. Taylor completed a second post-residency fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in the department of neurology.
Before joining Discover Vision Centers in 1996, Dr. Taylor was in private practice in Kansas City for nearly 15 years.
Dr. John Taylor practices at the following offices:
- Independence – 4741 S. Cochise Dr.
- Lee’s Summit -425 N.W. Murray Rd.
- Harrisonville – 670 S. Commercial St.
More information on Dr. John R.W. Taylor:
- Fellowship in Neurology: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 1982
- Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, 1981
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Truman Medical Center, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO, 1980
- Internship: Menorah Medical Center, Kansas City, MO, 1977
- Medical Degree: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO, 1976
- Undergraduate: Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, and Rockhurst College, Kansas City, MO, 1972
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Metropolitan Medical Association
- Missouri State Medical Association
- MO Ophthalmological Society
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog