Jonathan Tovey, M.D.
Jonathan Tovey, M.D. is a board certified Ophthalmologist at Discover Vision Centers. Dr. Tovey specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology, including cataract surgery, diabetic eye care and treatment of glaucoma and macular degeneration.
Dr. Tovey received his Bachelor of Science degree from Brigham Young University-Hawaii and earned his medical degree from Wake Forest School of Medicine. After completion of medical school, Dr. Tovey was awarded a prestigious post-doctoral fellowship in corneal gene therapy research at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He went on to complete an internship in internal medicine and residency in ophthalmology at Mizzou.
Dr. Tovey is passionate about playing an active role in his community and serving others. Before college, he served a two-year mission for his church in Seoul, South Korea. Dr. Tovey finds great joy in family, friends, church, Polynesian culture, and sports.
Jonathan Tovey, M.D. practices at the following offices:
More information on Jonathan Tovey, M.D.:
- Residency – Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri
- Internship – Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri
- Research Fellowship, Corneal Wound Healing / Gene Therapy – University of Missouri
- Doctor of Medicine – Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – Brigham Young University-Hawaii
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- US Albert Schweitzer Fellows Society
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog