Michael Klein, O.D., M.S.
Michael Klein, O.D., M.S. is an optometrist at Discover Vision’s Independence location. He provides routine vision care, comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings (soft, rigid gas permeable, hybrid, and scleral), and management of ocular disease.
Michael graduated from Bethel College, Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Psychology. Following undergraduate studies, he attended Indiana University earning two degrees: Doctor of Optometry, graduating top of class, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Vision Science, Summa Cum Laude. He completed externships at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC in Indianapolis and at Indiana University School of Optometry – Specialty Clinics in Bloomington.
Dr. Klein also completed residency training in ocular disease and low vision rehabilitation at the VA Medical Center in Kansas City. Before joining Discover Vision in 2020, he worked in a private practice setting for six years.
Discover Vision Office Location for Michael Klein, O.D., M.S.:
More About Dr. Michael Klein:
- Residency Training in Ocular Disease and Low Vision Rehabilitation, Kansas City VA Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Vision Science, Summa Cum Laude – Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Doctor of Optometry, Graduated Top of Class – Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Clinical Externships – Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami FL, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana University School of Optometry – Specialty Clinics, Bloomington, IN
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude – Bethel College, Newton, KS
Honors & Awards
- Optometry Fellowship Award, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Dean’s Research Scholars Award, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Summer Student Fellowship, Fight for Sight Foundation
- John Hitchcock Memorial Scholarship, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Wildermuth Award (top-ranked in class), Indiana University School of Optometry
- David H. Kolack, OD Award, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Beta Sigma Kappa Silver Medal
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog