People come from across the nation and around the globe to be treated at Discover Vision Centers. Our mission is to ensure your vision correction journey is effortless and comfortable, just as you deserve.
Whether you are flying into Kansas City International Airport (MCI) or driving in from Sedalia, Springfield, Columbia, Manhattan, or beyond, our team is here to ensure your LASIK journey begins with ease.
Nearby Accommodations & Local Amenities
Our LASIK surgery centers are located in Leawood, Kansas and Independence, Missouri if your surgeon is Dr. John Doane, or North Kansas City if your surgeon is Dr. Randy Jackson.
Planning Your Laser Eye Surgery Trip
Planning your laser eye surgery trip is crucial. From scheduling your procedure to coordinating travel, our team at Discover Vision is here to ensure your journey is smooth and successful.
Experience the future of healthcare with our virtual LASIK consultation. From the comfort of your home, connect with our expert medical professionals to discuss your needs, receive advice, and plan your treatment, all through secure and convenient online sessions. Your well-being, your way.
Scheduling Your Surgery
Scheduling your LASIK surgery is a pivotal step towards clearer vision. Our dedicated team at Discover Vision is committed to accommodating your preferences, offering flexible appointment options, and ensuring a seamless process as you embark on your journey to better eyesight.
How Much Time Do I Need To Be in Kansas City For Surgery?
The amount of time you’ll need to be in Kansas City for LASIK surgery can vary depending on several factors. Typically, the process involves a consultation, the surgery itself, and a follow-up appointment.
1. Consultation: Your LASIK journey often begins with a virtual or in-person consultation, which can be scheduled at your convenience. This initial appointment can take around 1-2 hours, during which your eye health will be evaluated, and your suitability for LASIK assessed.
2. LASIK Surgery: The surgery itself is usually a short procedure, taking only about 15-20 minutes per eye. However, you should plan to spend a few hours at the clinic to allow for pre-operative preparations and post-operative recovery.
3. Follow-up: A follow-up appointment is crucial to ensure your eyes are healing properly. This typically occurs the day after the surgery and can take 1-2 hours.
In summary, you can expect to spend at least a few hours for the consultation, the day of surgery, and a follow-up visit. It’s advisable to arrange for a local stay of 1-2 days to rest and ensure everything is going well before returning to your home. The specific timeline may vary based on your individual case, so discussing it with your LASIK provider is essential to plan accordingly.
Begin Your Vision Adventure with Discover Vision!Get a Consultation
Financial & Insurance Information
Out-of-town LASIK patients should consider the procedure’s all-inclusive cost, which typically covers the surgery, pre-operative assessments, and follow-up visits. Additional expenses may include travel, accommodation, and post-surgery eye drops.
Travel Tips For Out Of Town Patients
Traveling for LASIK surgery as an out-of-town patient can be an exciting but somewhat challenging experience. To ensure a smooth and comfortable journey, here are some valuable travel tips for out-of-town LASIK patients:
Before You Travel:
– Day of Surgery Timing: Schedule your surgery well in advance to allow time for your preoperative evaluation and discuss any necessary preparations.
– Accommodation: Research and book your accommodation close to the LASIK center in advance. Many clinics have partnerships with nearby hotels for discounted rates.
– Travel Companions: If possible, bring a friend or family member to provide support and assist you post-surgery.
– Prescription Medications: Ensure you have any necessary medications, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions, to last throughout your stay.
During Your Trip:
– Follow Pre-Operative Guidelines: Adhere to any pre-operative instructions provided by your LASIK surgeon, such as avoiding contact lenses before the procedure.
– Local Transportation: Familiarize yourself with local transportation options and arrange for a reliable means to and from the clinic.
– Pack Light: Travel with minimal luggage to reduce stress on your eyes and facilitate easier mobility.
– Rest: Plan for a day or two of rest after the surgery, which is generally recommended.
– Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from sunlight and glare with sunglasses. These are especially important in the days following LASIK.
– Follow-up Appointments: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments to ensure your eyes are healing as expected.
– Emergency Contacts: Keep contact information for your LASIK surgeon and the clinic handy in case of any unexpected issues.
– Refrain from Activities: Avoid strenuous physical activities, swimming, or activities that could expose your eyes to dust or debris during the recovery period.
By following these travel tips, you can enhance your LASIK experience as an out-of-town patient, ensuring a successful procedure and a more comfortable and stress-free journey. Your vision is an investment, and these precautions help make the process as seamless as possible.
Plan Your Sight-Transforming Getaway Now!Get a Consultation
Why Choose Discover Vision for Out-of-Town Laser Surgery?
Many patients choose Discover Vision for out-of-town laser surgery. We offer world-class care, seamless planning, and an exceptional LASIK experience.
Follow-up Care At Home
After LASIK, follow-up care at home is essential. Attend scheduled appointments, use prescribed eye drops, protect your eyes, and promptly report any concerns to your LASIK provider for optimal recovery.
Consider convenient accommodations near the LASIK center. Many hotels offer discounted rates, ensuring a comfortable and hassle-free stay during your treatment journey.
Discover Vision offers CDO scheduling for surgery, which means you can be seen for a consult and also have surgery the same day. However, you must request this type of appointment when you schedule as our doctors do not perform surgery every day.
Fast-track scheduling enables prompt LASIK procedures, often within a week of your initial consultation. This efficient approach minimizes waiting time and ensures quicker visual recovery.
Traveling for Clearer Vision? Start Your Sightseeing Adventure Here!Get a Consultation
Do I need a caretaker after my laser eye surgery?
While not necessary for most patients, having a caretaker after laser eye surgery is beneficial. They can assist with transportation and provide any additional support needed.
How long should I plan to stay in town after my laser surgery?
Plan to stay in town for at least 24-48 hours after your laser eye surgery to attend follow-up appointments and ensure your initial recovery is going smoothly.
What if I experience complications once I return home?
If you experience complications after returning home from LASIK surgery, contact your surgeon or our office immediately. We can provide guidance and recommend appropriate steps based on your symptoms.