Information About COVID-19
Update on COVID-19 from Discover Vision Centers
With increased protocols in place, all Discover Vision clinics have resumed routine, medical and surgical schedules. We are accepting all appointment types including elective surgery. To schedule, please call 816.478.1230 or click here to request an appointment online.
Discover Vision Centers continues to make changes to mitigate the ongoing impact of the coronavirus in our clinics. Our health system stays up to date on the latest information about COVID-19. We follow guidance from the CDC, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and our local authorities including city, county and state guidelines. Our top priority is continuing to provide the highest quality eye care while keeping our patients and team members safe. We will continue to stay safe by following the pillars of infection prevention.
We’ve implemented several new policies and enhanced safety measures, including the following:
- Wellness and temperature checks for employees.
- Gloves are available to all employees but are only required in certain areas.
- Face coverings are required for all employees.
- Plexiglass barriers have been implemented at check-in/check-out, optical, and throughout the exam lanes as an extra layer of protection.
- Enhanced cleaning of high contact areas – rooms and equipment are disinfected between each patient.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged and hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the clinic for patient use.
- Social distancing procedures have been implemented in our waiting rooms. We ask that you social distance in our facilities whenever possible.
- Clinic Visits are available at all 9 locations. Please call 816.478.1230 to schedule your appointment or request an appointment online.
- Optical Visits do not require an appointment. However, you may be screened upon entrance to our facilities.
- Screenings – All patients and staff are screened before entry to our clinics. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment.
- Masks – wearing a mask helps keep each other safe. Following recommended guidelines, masks are required for our staff, patients and anyone entering our clinic and surgical locations. For those with medical conditions, sensory, cognitive or behavioral conditions that make it difficult to wear a mask, please notify our staff before your appointment and other arrangements may be made.
- Visitors Limited or reduced to patient only when possible – guests are limited to the patient only unless accompanying a minor/parent or for medical reasons where the patient or their guest need to remain together. We understand that certain situations may require having a guest. In order to accommodate this request, we ask to be notified beforehand or upon arrival for your appointment. Otherwise, guests are asked to remain in the vehicle or return to pick the patient up after their appointment is complete.