Randy T. Jackson, M.D.
Dr. Randy T. Jackson is a board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in refractive surgery, including LASIK Laser Vision Correction, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), Full Focus® Vision Correction and cataract surgery.
Dr. Jackson completed his medical degree at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, and ophthalmology residency at the University of Kansas. Prior to returning to Kansas City to complete a one year LASIK and anterior segment fellowship under the guidance of John Doane, M.D., F.A.C.S., Dr. Jackson was in private practice for 2 years in Cambridge, Minnesota. He has presented research at national ophthalmology meetings and co-authored multiple book chapters on refractive surgery.
Dr. Jackson treats patients at The Legends-KCK and The Northland office locations. Both Discover Vision offices provide comprehensive eye care services, including routine eye exams, contacts and glasses, LASIK evaluations, cataract consultations and more. Most locally available insurance is accepted.
Dr. Randy T. Jackson practices at the following office:
More information about Dr. Randy T. Jackson:
- Fellowship in LASIK, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), Presbyopia Correcting Intraocular Lenses, Astigmatism Correction and Anterior Segment Surgery — Discover Vision Centers, Leawood, KS, 2007
- Residency in Ophthalmology – University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS, 2004
- Transitional Internship – Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines, IA, 2001
- Medical Degree – Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, 2000
- Undergraduate in Biology and Psychology – Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA, 1995
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Publications & Presentations:
- Mechanical microkeratomes versus laser keratomes. Doane JF, Jackson RT, Slade SG In: Brightbill E, McDonnell, PJ, McGhee CNJ, Farjo AJ, eds. Corneal Surgery, Theory, Technique and Tissue. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 2008
- Accommodating, Multifocal IOLs Make Effective Combination, Ophthalmology Times, July 2007
- Accommodative intraocular lenses: considerations on use, function and design; Doane JF, Jackson RT; Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2007 Jul;18(4):318-24
- Combining the Crystalens and ReSTOR IOLs – presented at ASCRS April 2007
- Mechanical microkeratomes versus laser keratomes. Doane JF, Jackson RT, Slade SG In: Brightbill E, McDonnell, PJ, McGhee CNJ, Farjo AJ, eds.Corneal Surgery, Theory, Technique and Tissue. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 2008
- Kansas Eye Conference, July 2004. IOL Power Calculations Following LASIK
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog