Ajay Singh, M.D.
Dr. Ajay Singh is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in Retina Surgery, Vitreoretinal Diseases, Diabetic Eye Disease, Macular Degeneration, Uveitis, Complicated Cataracts and Ocular Trauma at Discover Vision’s Leawood, KS and Independence, MO offices.
Prior to joining the Discover Vision team, Dr. Singh spent three years at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology and KU Eye Center where he is also an assistant professor. In his spare time, Dr. Singh enjoys hiking, running and squash.
Education & Training
- Assistant Professor & Full Time Faculty, University of Kansas, School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Diseases of the Retina and Vitreous, University of Kentucky, Retina Associates of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Residency – Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internship – Internal Medicine, Hospital of St. Raphael (Affiliate, Yale School of Medicine), New Haven, CT
- Fellowship – Clinical and Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Universty of California, San Francisco, CA
- Fellowship – Vitreoretinal, S.B. Sohan Singh Eye Hospital, Amritsar, Punjab, India
- Residency – Ophthalmology & Masters in Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Kamataka, India
- Internship – Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab, India
- Medical Degree – Jagadgura Jaideva Murgrajendra (JJM) Medical College, Davangere, Kamataka, India
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Lions Club International
- Mercy Ships Surgical Faculty