Javed Sayed, M.D.
Dr. Javed Sayed is a fellowship-trained ophthalmologist specializing in Retina Surgery, Vitreoretinal Diseases, Diabetic Eye Disease, Macular Degeneration, Uveitis, and Ocular Trauma. Dr. Sayed is accepting new patients at our Northland, Leawood, Legends and Olathe locations.
Dr. Sayed attended Indiana University as a Wells Scholar where he received a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Graduating with the highest distinction, he also minored in Chemistry and Healthcare Administration. Dr. Sayed completed his Medical Degree with a certificate in global health from The Ohio State University College of Medicine, graduating with Cum Laude honors. He underwent a transitional internship at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago before returning to The Ohio State University for his ophthalmology residency. Dr. Sayed then went on to complete a vitreoretinal surgery fellowship at the University of Kentucky and Retina Associates of Kentucky.
In his spare time, Dr. Sayed enjoys running, tennis, biking, cooking, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Dr. Javed Sayed practices at the following Discover Vision offices:
- The Northland – 9401 North Oak Trafficway
- Leawood – 11500 Granada Lane
- The Legends – 11010 Haskell Ave
- Olathe, KS – 15710 W 135th Street
More information on Dr. Sayed:
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Surgical Retina – University of Kentucky/ Retina Associates of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Ophthalmology Residency – The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Transitional Internship – Weiss Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Doctor of Medicine – The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, Graduated Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science – Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, Graduated with Highest Distinction
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Discover Vision Centers has full service optical shops at each of its locations offering the latest technology to ensure precise measurements that are unique to your frames. We carry a wide variety of high end and affordable frames, $10 readers and contact lenses.Visit Our Optical Shop
Are you a current Discover Vision patient ready to order contact lenses? We work hard to provide a wide selection of contact lens options and make reordering fast and convenient.Order Contacts Online
MyDVC is a convenient way for Discover Vision patients to access their health record and securely communicate with our office. We invite you to login to your account or send our team a request to sign up.Our Patient Portal
On Discover Vision's blog, learn more about the latest advancements in laser vision correction, cataract surgery, vision awareness and more.Our Blog